Other Programs

Environmental Health

Drinking Water

Baker County Health Department provides water testing kits for the public through Magic Valley Labs. The kits test for Bacteria (including Coliforms), Nitrates (minerals), and Arsenic. Once you receive your water test kit supplies from the Health Department, you can submit the water samples and fees to the lab below.

Magic Valley Lab
210 Addison Avenue
Twin Falls, ID 83301
Phone: 1-208-733-4250
Fax: 1-888-733-4250

Food Safety

The Health Department has temporary food licenses for special events.

For restaurant and food site inspections please call:

Malheur County Environmental Health Services
251 B Street West
Vale, OR 97918
(541) 473-5186
Fax: (541) 473-5580
Web: Malheur County Environmental Health Services

Vital Records

Certified copies of birth and death certificates are available through the Baker County Health Department up to six months from the event.

Birth Certificates

When ordering birth records, please complete with full name of the person on the certificate, date and place of birth, parent(s) full name(s) which include the mother’s full maiden name and your relationship to the person the certificate is for. By law, only immediate family members or legal representatives may order birth records for another individual.

Death Certificates

When ordering death certificates, please include on your order the full name of the person on the record and the date and place of the death. For death record orders, include your relationship to the person on the record, and your reason for needing the record.

To Order Locally

*Complete an order form at the Baker County Health Department

*Office Hours: 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday

*Please bring current valid ID, legal representative document(s), or acceptable proofs

*$25 for each record

To Order After 6 Months

*An order form may be picked up at the Baker County Health Department for births or deaths occurring 6 months ago or more.

*You may also contact the Oregon State Vital Records at: (971) 673-1190

*You may order a vital record by mail or by going to  VitalChek

*$25 for the first record; $25 for each additional copy of the same record ordered at the same time. The $25 fee is non-refundable once the search for the record has been completed.

Sharps Containers

Drop in to purchase or recycle a sharps container. Prices may apply. We provide medium sized sharps containers for purchase.

Prescription Take Back

Drop in to request and receive a pre-paid, pre-addressed envelope and mail in your unused medicines for disposal.

Oregon Health Plan Application

Baker County Health Department partners with Northeast Oregon Network (NEON) to assist community members with OHP applications. Please call to see when NEON is available: 541.624.5101

Tuberculosis Testing

Baker County Health Department provides Tuberculosis (TB) skin tests. Call to schedule an appointment today.

brown metal playground during golden hour

Baker County Health Department
8am-12pm; 1pm-5pm

%d bloggers like this: